Tuesday, November 9, 2010

High Expectations.

Yesterday, I had a bad ride.
Every once and a while,
when I am stressed and have other things on my mind,
when I have other things to do,
when I am pressured by tasks I need to get done,
I have a really bad ride.
I'm unfocused.
I'm frustrated.
Tense.
Sometimes these rides are so horrible and horrendous
that I think in my head that I should sell my horse and quit riding forever.
I know, I'm such a drama queen.
Only lately have I noticed that I have that mindset in other areas of my life.
Quitter mindset.
If something is not perfect, or how I expected it to be, or easy,
then I think I should throw it out of my life completely.
Which is completely wrong!
I love my horse!
I never would want to sell my horse...
(even though I could get thousands of dollars for him...)
Never!
And one bad day throws it all out the window?
No.
Tomorrow I will have a great ride
because it's my fault we had a bad ride to begin with.
I cannot expect my horse to be perfect everyday
(epecially in the case of not riding him three days prior!).
I cannot expect myself to ride perfectly and completely focused everyday.
I cannot expect anything to be perfect.
Especially  in relationships....
With humans who walk on two feet...
Or with animals that walk on four.

No comments:

Post a Comment