Yesterday, I got to the barn approximately 6:50 A.M.
I was brushing off my horse when I realized his leg was swollen."Gasp!"
was my first response.
Then I called my mother.
She asked if there were any cuts around.
I said yes, but it was much higher than where the swelling was.
She said that gravity makes that happen...
I walked him
and hosed his leg off for ten minutes.
The swelling didn't go down.
That night we gave him some antibiotics.
Swelling decreased a little.
Who knows what he did to get that cut on his leg?
You know, there comes a time in every rider's life
when she is tempted to tape her horse up in bubble wrap.
Also known as....
no turnout
supplements galore
blanket frenzies
clean stall freaks
retard guards
mineral blocks
hay hangers
futile toys
no dandruff
no sun-bleaching
no frolicking
no fun
ever.
Sound familiar?
Now, I am not suggesting that if any of the above are performed,
then your horse is a bubble boy...
but I am suggesting that if you do several of the above,
then you most likely have a bubble boy on your hands.
Let a horse be a horse, people!
Even if that means they get hurt every once in a while.
This doesn't mean I don't love my horse.
My horse will be fine in a few days.
So you can keep your bubble wrap.
I don't need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment