Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lately.

Lately,
I've been thinking about what I'm going to do when I grow up.
December is when I have to grow up.
I'm graduating a semester early
Which means I have six less months to figure out what I want to do.
Do I want to pursue my career as an equestrian?
Or should I pursue a career in marketing so that I can finance a hobby?
I have no idea.
I've always tended to be a people-pleaser.
But lately, I have learned that I have to do what makes me happy.
I don't know if marketing makes me happy,
but that's because I have no job experience besides
horse trainer,
camp coordinator,
riding instructor,
tutor,
and babysitter.
I know I love coming up with new ideas and creating catchy slogans.
I know I love horses and jumping over enormous obstacles.
I love painting and cooking and fashion!
The thing is, I love too many things.
You know what I would love?
I would love to merge the two together.
Marketing and Riding.
How can I wear a business suit while working in the horse industry?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful writing. People who don't know what they want to do and can do many things well...tend to become brilliant marketers.

    Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete