Addicted.
I am addicted to riding.
If I am without it for even a day,
I start having withdrawals.
I get anxious
jittery
flustered
distracted
and emotional.
I will say, I am emotional most times.
Let's say the severity of my emotions accelerate.
I am not even aware of the symptoms and why they are happening.
Returning to the magnificent aroma of the stables.
Returning to the presence of my best friend.
Returning my hand to the forehead of my horse.
Returning to the saddle.
It's like a drug.
Suddenly the evidence of my withdrawal dissipates.
Oh how I missed you!
My fuzzy friend who will never judge me
who will never disappoint me
never get angry with me
who will never break my heart
who will always forgive me
who will always be there for me when I need a warm body to cry with.
No matter how much fun I had on vacation,
Nothing compares to the unmitigated bliss
of wrapping my arms around the neck of the this beautiful athlete...
And life-long friend.
That's beautiful! :)
ReplyDelete