Horse names.
It's not the same as naming your dog.
Horse names must include show names.
i.e. horse's name is Dusty, and his show name is Eat My Dust....
Most names come from breed-line, registry, etc.
As there are in every barn, there are staple stable names.
Star
being the most staple of them all.
I apologize if your horse's name is Star... but I mean, come on....
I'm trying to think if there are any more that I can think of...
without offending anyone I know.
I have seen the name Billy the Kid more than once at a show.
And the name All That Jazz.
Sometimes our barn tries to keep to a theme concerning the names of new arrivals.
The first theme was Whinny the Pooh.
We had a horse named Eeyore who began the whole thing.
He was mine at the time.
Named so because he was slow.
Next came a horse named Bear...
Short for Pooh Bear, which no one ever called him.
That's as far as that theme went.
Then there was the car theme.
Three newbies named Truck, Diesel, and Chevy.
How sad.
The accidental theme our barn has going is the card theme.
Ace, King, Queen, Jack.
We don’t have Queen anymore.
But I promise no one made this a theme on purpose.
I will say...
the most clever show name I have ever known
in my entire career in horse trials
was a name I only just heard this year:
"Your Mom"
It was quite entertaining to hear the announcer say,
"Next we have so-and-so.... riding Your Mom."
No comments:
Post a Comment